Saturday, December 8, 2012

Eat Yer Veggies...And Wear Them, Too?


This week, my brain has been concentrating on flower options! While I am going to have amazing volunteers with several of the DIY projects, I think flower selection should be the most painless. At first, I was trying to decide on paper, fabric, or local decorations. After discussing our options, I am confident that Josh and I will be able to find fresh produce locally grown in our city; I have decided that fruits, vegetables and other plants should be incorporated in our wedding! I would love to have a veggie bouquet, and I know Josh has several ideas involving peppers accenting his clothing. As two vegans who get excited over a fresh supply of beautiful broccoli, I cannot think of a better choice for us. I plan to continue this research and figure out which veggies will fit into our color scheme…a topic for next week! For now, here are some visuals I encountered from greenweddingshoes.com and www.gourmetfury.com : (am I the only one craving a kale salad right now?)






2 comments:

  1. I think it's a wonderful idea to incorporate veg in your bouquet, would love to see some of your ideas. I wish I had done something similar for my wedding, so refreshing than flowers imported from the other side of the world in some cases. Wishing you the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's still in progress, but I plan to post some ideas floating around in my brain soon!

      Delete